Call for Workshops
The 25th IEEE International Conference on Network Protocols (ICNP 2017)
Toronto, October 10-13, 2017
ICNP, the IEEE International Conference on Network Protocols, is the premier conference covering all aspects of network protocol research, including design, analysis, specification, verification, implementation, and performance.
ICNP 2017 will host multiple one-day or half-day workshops in conjunction with the main conference, to be held at Toronto, Canada on October 10-13, 2017. We invite you to submit workshop proposals on any topic related to the main ICNP conference. ICNP workshops should focus on creating interactions among participants as well as community building.
A workshop proposal for ICNP 2017 should contain at least the following information:
- Name and possible acronym of the workshop.
- Motivation and rationale for the workshop.
- Draft call-for-papers, including introduction and topics of the workshop.
- Names and affiliations of main organizers, and a tentative composition of the committees (as complete as possible). Please indicate whether prospective committee members have been contacted and whether they have accepted the invitation. We strongly discourage speculative TPC listings.
- Workshop format, i.e., expected number of presented papers, slot lengths, information about invited talks, panels, demonstrations, etc.
- Expected number of participants and expected number of submissions.
- Requirements in terms of A/V, networking, power, facilities. (Assume that nothing is provided other than a projector and a microphone.)
- Prior history of this workshop, if any, including number of submissions, number of accepted papers, and attendee count of previous instances. If the workshop was co-located with another event in the past, please include details and a brief description why ICNP is a more appropriate venue.
Please note that the camera-ready processing of conference papers, tentatively set as September 1, 2017, must be met by all workshops as well. Also, all workshops need to start, end, and have break times at the same time as the main conference. The paper lengths are limited to six pages in IEEE Computer Society format. All the accepted papers need to be presented at the workshop. They will be included in the workshop proceedings as well as IEEE Xplore.
Enquiries and/or submissions of your workshop proposals are encouraged to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with Subject: ICNP2017 proposal: "your proposal acronym". The deadline for receiving these workshop proposals will be April 23, 2017.
Acceptance decisions will be notified by May 5, 2017.