Instructions for Authors
The 25th IEEE International Conference on Network Protocols (ICNP 2017)
Toronto, October 10-13, 2017
The registration link is now open: http://www.cvent.com/d/t5q8m6
The (hard) registration deadline for authors is September 10, 2017. Camera-ready papers without registrations after this date may be removed from the proceedings.
For Authors of Conference Papers
Authors are expected to present accepted papers at the conference, and at least one author is required to register, at the full rate, in order for the paper to appear in the proceedings and the IEEE digital library. One full registration covers up to two regular papers on which a person is a co-author.
For Authors of Posters/Demos
At least one of the poster/demo co-authors must be registered for the conference to present the poster/demo. Students may register for the conference at the student rate for presenting posters/demo (if they are not presenting a full paper in the conference, which requires a full registration).
For Authors of Workshop Papers
Authors are expected to present accepted papers at the workshop, and at least one author is required to register at the corresponding workshop or at the conference (in a non-student registration category).
- The signed copyright release form is due by Friday 01 Sep 2017. You will receive a separate email sent by IEEE in a day or two, with your unique log-in, which asks you to complete the eCopyright Form (eCF) online. Please transfer the copyright first BEFORE submitting your final versions.
- Revise your manuscript to address the comments of the reviewers.
- For each paper accepted subject to review of a shepherd, please send your revised paper to your assigned shepherd for review. You must have acquired the consent of your respective shepherd before submitting the final version. Without consent from your shepherd, your paper will not be accepted for final publication.
- The manuscript (in PDF only) should be submitted to the following website by Friday 01 Sep 2017: http://iqua.ece.toronto.edu/icnp17/camera
Note that this is a separate website from the one used to collect papers for review. You must register a new account to use the camera-readys submission site.
- You must make sure your paper is IEEE Xplore-Compatible before submission. Please see the instructions below.
- Add the following copyright notice to the bottom of the first page of your paper:
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the US government, the copyright notice is: U.S. Government work not protected by U.S. copyright.
- For papers in which all authors are employed by a Crown government (UK, Canada, and Australia), the copyright notice is: 978-1-5090-6501-1/17/$31.00 ©2017 Crown
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the European Union, the copyright notice is: 978-1-5090-6501-1/17/$31.00 ©2017 European Union
- For all other papers the copyright notice is: 978-1-5090-6501-1/17/$31.00 ©2017 IEEE
- Your paper must be IEEE Xplore-Compatible before submission. You can use IEEE PDF eXpress in two ways:
- To verify whether your final manuscript PDF is compatible to IEEE Xplore.
- To generate an IEEE Xplore-Compatible PDF using your manuscript source files (e.g. Microsoft Word, LaTeX DVI and EPS files).
- To access IEEE PDF eXpress: go to http://www.pdf-express.org/
- Use the Conference ID: 41313X
- Follow the instructions in the website to register an account if you are a new user. If you are an existing user, you can reuse your account
- If you have verified your PDF to be IEEE Xplore-Compatible or have successfully generated an IEEE Xplore-Compatible PDF, you can then proceed to submit the IEEE Xplore-Compatible PDF to the camera-ready submission site.
- If your PDF is not compatible or the PDF generation fails, you must fix the errors. This may take a few interactions. Please begin this process as soon as possible. Otherwise, the paper cannot be accepted for publication.
IMPORTANT: Any changes made to a PDF after IEEE PDF eXpress conversion or PDF Checking may invalidate Xplore compatibility. This includes headers, page numbers, copyright notice, watermarks, etc. If any of these elements are desired, they should be added to the document before a PDF is created.
The final version of regular papers must have no more than ten (10) pages in double-column format with standard margins and at least a 10 point font. The final version of workshop papers must have no more than six (6) pages, and poster/demo papers no more than two (2) pages. This length includes everything: figures, tables, references, appendices and so on. Papers that exceed 10 pages will not be accepted for publication. Papers should include a title and an abstract of fewer than 250 words.
All papers must be formatted for printing on US LETTER (8.5" by 11") and must adhere to the IEEE formatting requirements. For LaTeX users, please use the “conference" option. The template should be used as is. Papers that modify the template, e.g., by picking narrower line-spacing or margins than what the template defines, will be rejected for publication.
Papers must be submitted in PDF format, without including any non-standard fonts. We must be able to display and print your camera-ready manuscript exactly as we receive it and using only standard tools and postscript printers. Therefore, we strongly suggest that you use only standard fonts. Make sure that the paper, including the figures, is readable on a black-and-white printout.
Author List, Paper Titles, and Presentation
The author list must remain the same as when the paper was submitted for review, and any changes in the author list or title is forbidden without prior written permission from the TPC Co-Chairs.
Every paper must be presented by an author at the conference. At least one author of an accepted paper is expected to register at the full rate of the conference and to present the paper at the conference, in order for the paper to appear in the conference proceedings and be submitted to the IEEE digital library. Please expect further information for registration.
Non-Presented Paper Policy ("No-Show Policy"): Each paper must be presented at the conference by an author of that paper, unless prior approval is obtained from the TPC Co-Chairs and General Chairs. Papers that are not presented by their authors may be removed from IEEE Xplore and be excluded from distribution after the conference.